I don’t know what to say to this artwork, I just like. It looks nice and I especially like the look on her face. Also, it’s really hard to make a rainbow mane in black & white.
Mewtwo is one of my favorite Pokemon. I wanted give him a cool pose, and it actually look mor awkward than cool. The thing he does with his hands is supposed to be the attack psychic.
So I decided to upload again, after almost 2 years^^. I gonna upload the rest of the pencil drawings, that I started uploading a time ago.
I would write more, but some of the drawings a pretty old so I can’t recall much.
I don’t exactly know why I drew Goku, maybe it was because I just wanted to draw him again, since Dragonball was such big part of may childhood.
Yeah, I was on a nintendo trip at that time^^ (and I wanted to draw characters, which I can draw without references)
So I figured out how to shade my pencil works, so I started to try out random stuff again, (like I do with all of my drawings, I try out stuff I can’t or don’t know or I’m new to and try to become better at it) so I decided to do some (for me) unusual perspective.
I like that ruby, don’t know it looks so shiny. I’m like a crow, I like shiny stuff.
Yay more pencil art.
With this I figured out how I want to shade my pencil stuff.
But, ho boy I fucked up so much. First his right looks kinda broken or sumthin. Then the left arm doesn’t exist at all,because I didn’t know how place his arm correctly, but if you look at the leftovers of the sketch, that I had intended to place that arm correctly, but didn’t do it because . And then the left leg ಠ_ಠ. This picture kinda reminds me of the cover from super mario bros. 2 (Which had same problem with the left leg with this picture, but I don’t say what I mean, because when you first see it,you can’t unsee it)
Look, I can draw without computers, who would have thought?
This was my first pencil drawing in like forever. To be exact I never drawed like this, usually I drew the characters plane without any shading, so I tried out a lot with this piece.
A lot of my equipment got lost over the years, since the last time I drawed traditional, I only had only two really short pencils, a sharpener and a ereaser pen. (that now get lost too) But now I have buyed a nice equipment and found my way of drawing traditional and because it’s very easy and quick to do these kind of pictures, you can expect more.
And I know, I overdid it with the shading, but like I said, I was trying out stuff at the time. By the way, I forgot to write the date and my name one the first three, on later pictures I did it.
So like I said, here the timeline.
I wanted to include more steps but that thing would become to huge. And now you all can see how shitty I was, yeah I was’nt all the time the great and awesome artist you all love hehe (Oh god I hate myself)
It’s very hard for me to show this here, because the first few steps are just, ugh how can I put it nice? They’re pure dogshit and I wanted to have standards, in terms for quality, for this account, but hey, have everyone agood laugh.
By the way, you should click on download for more details, but beware the first three, give you eyecancer in fullscreen.
Ok and now I want to say something about every step in particular:
1. from 2007: Oh boy here it starts, at first it was going to be a bonus picture for my comic I did back then. (No I don’t link the comic, because it is aweful and in german)
The pumpgun Sasukes’s holding is by the way an insider joke from said comic, it’s just dumb and justly cut out from the later versions.
It’s just badly drawn and I’m just ashamed of myself. (BTW I could draw slightly better than that, back then)
2. from 2007: Every good artist uses paint.net, right? Ofcourse I used one layer and fucked up the original lines (even when they were shit to beginn with) with the wand- and the filltool
3. from 2007: shitty shades and highlights made in Gimp (which I use up today) and random colors in the background. Oh and I fucked up Sasukes left foot. I was just so emberassed back in the day, I never posted it anywhere (except my crapppy homepage I had then, but I gave a fuck about it) and wanted to redo it somewhen.
1. from 2009: That was the somewhen I talked before. Redone the “artwork”. I traced Naruto entirely and the other two a little bit too, just fixed poses and anatomy,got rid of that stupid pumpgun and badaboom, a somewhat decent artwork. I traced Naruto because I liked him just like he looked and the fact that I thought I can’t draw him any better, the future proofed me wrong. BTW, maybe you could see it yourself, but I couldn’t really draw girls back then (actually I’ve some trouble drawing girls up today) and that’s why Sakura looks so,uhm deformed?
2. from 2009: Back then I colored everything and then added shades and highlights ( now I just use one color, then add shades and highlightsand then I do the same with the next color and so on, if you watch my drawing videos on Youtube you can see what I mean) and because of that, I realised just after some hours of work that the resolution, was fucking small, because I used the original lines from 2007 as the sketch and I scanned everything without giving a fuck about something like resolution. And because the resolution was too small and I had to start from the beginning, I had lost interesst.
1. from 2010: I was going through my folders and was thinking :”maybe I should redo this?” And look I actually learned to draw. I used the lines from 2009 as s loose base and did start from new and fixes once more the poses and anatomy and I tried more to imitade Kishimoto’s style (and I think Sakura and Saskue a pretty close to his style, with Naruto I had always my problems)
2. from 2010: colored everything and added the heads to give the picture a bigger meaning than those three idiots standing random in a place. Didn’t had an idea for the background and tried some stuff, failed at it and did ragequit the picture again. It looked like I had plannings there was above my skill level back then.
Finally the finished picture from 2012: To be honest, there is a version between, in April this year I said “I’m gonna finnish you now bitch” so I did some random stuff that looked nice, not too much because I didn’t want that people can see that I can do much better stuff now. BTW I forget the concept I mentioned that I wasn’t able to do in 2010, but to be honest I just wanted this to be finished. I did some mistakes, but I just wanted to finish it. Today few minutes before uploading I thought:”You know I put so much time in it, so I can fix those mistakes too” So I did and this now the final finished version, I’m just happy that thi is finally done.
INB4: I start redoing this xD
tl;dr Five years ago I couldn’t draw and now I can.